Sunday, June 8, 2008

1st match day of Euro 2008

Well, for day 1 of Euro 2008, I watched both matches, for I feel obliged to watched them as a symbol of the beginning. Well, the 1st match between the host nation Switzerland and Czech Republic wasn't much of a spectacle. Czech beat the Swiss 1-0.

Though I wasn't expecting much from the host, as they are known to play the cagey way without much flair, I was disappointed with the Czech. I feel bad for the host for this defeat, as I feel that the host played well, and may well win the game if not for the luck to be on the Czechs' side, plus a towering goalkeeper named Cech.

As for the Portugal match, which they won 2-0 against Turkey, Portugal was the dominant side, dictating the play and give no chance to Turkey to threaten their goal. Cristiano Ronaldo hasn't shown his best, instead Pepe steal the limelight from him, scoring the opener after his goal was disallowed.

Euro is definitely one competition to make your name in one of the biggest stage in world football. And from the early stages of the competition, seems like there will be more stars in the making.

No comments: